Built in 1703 as a chapel, the building has since served as a poppy mill, farm and residential housing. In 1972, a restaurant with guest rooms was built as an extension. In 2006, the business was abandoned and the area fell into a 12-year slumber.
In the near future the reopening of this completely renovated and extended building will soon be brought back to life as the Hotel | Restaurant Kapelle.